Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes
Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes I made with my kids and simply swap out the nasty ingredients for whole-food clean ingredients and my kids love them!
The Most Amazing Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes
I simply swap out all of the unhealthy ingredients for healthy ones as per below. Trust you and your family will love them as much as we do!
Cup Cake mix:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour- swap for 1.5 cups of almond meal and 1.5 cups of
- 3 cups granulated sugar- swap out for stevia & I only use 1 cup
- ½ cup cornstarch- remove
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder - easy to get organic versions of this
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt- swap for Himalayan pink salt
- 4 large eggs- remove
- 1½ cups buttermilk- swap fro almond milk or another plant milk if you have nut allergies such as oat milk
- 1¼ cups warm water
- ½ cup vegetable oil- swap for grape-seed oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar- swap for apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red food colouring- Oh dear how horrible !! SWAP for 2 medium beetroots (simmer for 40mins in water, puree and add with wet ingredients)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened- cut and use Coyo Vegan yoghurt and decorate with strawberries
- 1 cup butter, softened- cut
- 4 cups powdered sugar- cut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract- cut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix together all dry ingredients, using a low speed until combined.
- Add all the wet ingredients. Beat on a medium speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.
- Place batter into
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the
cup cakemeets the toothpick test (stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean).
- Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then turn out the
cup cakesonto the racks and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- When cool decorate with Coyo vegan yoghurt and strawberries or any berries of your choice.