Rejuv Moon Milk aids sleep if you have it each night before bed. Sleep supports your immune system, preventing illness, disease and premature ageing. Poor quality or limited sleep on a regular basis is linked to poor immune function. Use the ingredients below to make your warm drink.
Here’s what you need to make your own Rejuv Moon Milk:
- 1 cup of unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Warm the milk and mix with all ingredients in a blender or stir into a mug. NOTE: The milk should NOT BE HOT, but warm, as the heat will kill some of the benefits of the other ingredients.
- Avoid blue light on screens 1 hour or more before your bedtime to reduce overstimulating your ideal gland and reducing deep sleep.
- Implement wind-down rituals like sleep-inducing teas to calm the nervous system (such as the WelleCo Sleep Welle Calming Tea with hops, valerian and passionflower – I notice a huge difference by not taking this before bed each night (or reach for chamomile tea which is in most of our cupboards).
- Take an Epsom salts bath and create a relaxing environment with candles, lavender, frankincense and a good book before you go to bed to encourage deep and restorative sleep.
- Journal before bed: write down 5 things you are grateful for and take a moment to feel this in your body & nervous system. Do a brain dump re all the things you need to get done as well as a list of things that are out of your control so you can actively release those fears and avoid tossing and turning all night