Antarctic Krill Oil (Euphausia superba) is a natural source of high concentration omega 3 oil, the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin, as well as high levels of phospholipids – a fundamental component of human cell membranes. It contains two types of Omega 3 fatty acid: eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Krill oil is used for the same reasons as cod liver oil, flax oil and other omega 3 fatty acids, but is often favoured because it does not cause fishy burps or an after-taste – a common side effect of fish oil.
The fact that it contains astaxanthin is also unique. The ultimate antioxidant – researchers have found that it may be more powerful than vitamin E, beta-carotene and lutein. It can also enhance the action of other antioxidants, such as vitamin E and C.
Our krill oil is a high-strength formula (500mg), provided in an easy-to-swallow marine gel capsule form. It is sourced exclusively from sustainable fisheries in the Antarctic, through our partners Aker BioMarine™ who work with World Wildlife Foundation Norway to ensure sustainable krill harvesting.
Approved EFSA health claims:
- EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart (with a daily intake of 250mg) – click here and here for EFSA scientific opinion.
- DHA and EPA contribute to the maintenance of normal blood pressure (with a daily intake of 3g of EPA and DHA)* – click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood triglyceride levels (with a daily intake of 2g of DHA and when taken in combination with EPA)* – click here for EFSA scientific opinion.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function (with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA) – click here and here for EFSA scientific opinion.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal vision (with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA) – click here and here for EFSA scientific opinion.
60 capsules per pot
Per 715mg capsule:
Krill oil (Superba) – 500mg
- Total Phospholipids (of which Phosphatidyl Choline 150mg, of which Choline 25mg) – 200mg
- Omega 3 (of which EPA 60mg, DHA 27.5mg) – 110mg
- Astaxanthin – 50mcg
Krill Oil (Euphausia Superba) Extract (Crustacean), Capsule Shell (Bovine Gelatin), glycerol, water.
ALLERGY ADVICE: for allergens, see ingredients in bold. Not suitable for persons with an allergy to fish or shellfish. People with coagulopathy or taking blood thinning medication should consult their doctor before use. Not intended for use by pregnant or lactating mothers.
Not suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Sourced exclusively from sustainable fisheries in the Antarctic through Aker BioMarine™ (who work with World Wildlife Foundation Norway)•Country of origin: Antarctica
Manufactured in: Europe
Source: Wild Antarctic krill
60 marine gelatine capsules per pot